Drip Irrigation Experiment 2




I placed another four inch block under the barrel (I think the higher it is, the better) and changed the middle four way connector to a tee, eliminating the middle emitter pipe. Then I graded the bed a little toward the barrel and water flow is much better. I think the 1/8” holes may be too large. I’ll be making another drip irrigator for a smaller bed, and I’ll drill 1/16” holes instead.

Also on this barrel, the mosquito screen top is in place, held on with a band of hanging wire. Since getting that screen to stay in place was a bit of a pain, I placed a 2” PVC fitting with cap near the top of the barrel as a filler. We’re excited and can’t wait to plant.



Comments

  1. I've switched from drip irrigation to using a soaker hose manifold. It waters much more evently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! What size pvc did you use, please?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drip Irrigation Experiment 3

Improvised Shelves for our Frigidaire Refrigerator